Destination Maceió, capital of the state of Alagoas.
Episode 10. The hike along pristine beaches at Coruripe, part two.
Our taxi driver drove us gently to Coruripe. The highway was well-kept, we enjoyed breathtaking views of coconut palm trees and little villages. We came along Praia do Francês, along Praia do Gunga, where we had a splendid time some days earlier. About one hour since our depart from Maceió, the driver dropped us near the beach at Coruripe, and he gave us the phone number of the taxi company. He told us that he could pick us up at any location from Coruripe, to bring us back to Maceió. We walked to the beach. The beach appeared to be deserted, except for some beach fanatics. The tree students entered the warm water and swam to the coral reef barrier, where waves pound continuously on these reefs. They made pictures of each other, and I took some pictures of them too. I did not swim there, but I stayed on the beach and made more pictures of almost everything what was alive there, and interesting enough to photograph. Suddenly I noticed movements in the shallow water. It resembled a large eel. But it wasn’t an eel. It was a large sea snake. Fortunately, the snake was not interested in me and I was told later that this snake is harmless to man. A real reassurance.
By Adriano Antoine Robbesom
- Travel in Brazil: ALAGOAS (09). Beaches at Coruripe I (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: ALAGOAS (08). A Day at SESC Club near Guaxuma Beach (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: FLORIANÓPOLIS (26). Barra da Lagoa Beach, and Goodbye to Floripa (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Water Mirror at Praia do Morro, Guarapari (ES) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: FLORIANÓPOLIS (20). Sunset On The Island Of Magic II (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Sunset at Praia do Morro, Guarapari (ES) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)