Bus travel FORTALEZA – Belo Horizonte (04)
The ferry at the São Francisco River
Destination Fortaleza, capital of the state of Ceará.
The bus travel from Fortaleza to Belo Horizonte went through the states of Ceará, Pernambuco, Bahia, and Minas Gerais.
>> More information about FORTALEZA <<
>> All episodes of ‘Travel to Fortaleza’ <<
All road traffic is transported to the other
riverside by ferries.
It was already six pm, when we reached the border between the states of Pernambuco and Bahia. The sunset had already started, we were on time to witness a breathtaking and colorful sunset. The border between Pernambuco and Bahia is formed by the São Francisco river, which has its origin in the state of Minas Gerais. The almost three thousand km long river also forms another state border – between Sergipe and Alagoas – were it flows into the Atlantic Ocean. We noticed a bridge under construction, but he had to wait for the ferry to arrive. Fortunately, the ferry arrived only minutes later. The bus driver skilfully maneuvered the bus on the ferry. The crossing took only some minutes. We stood beside the bus; we took the opportunity to stretch our backs and legs.
At six-fifteen we entered the bus again. Our travel continued on the seemingly endless highways of Bahia nad Minas Gerais. We still had more than thirty ours of travel before we would arrive at our final destination: Belo Horizonte. Only then we finally could leave our riding ‘hotel’. The travel went on without problems: no flat tires, no long delays. From a tropical Fortaleza, we arrived in a wintry Belo Horizonte. We had to get used to the colder temperatures again. Fortunately, the winter was about to end: only two weeks later, the temperatures would rise again to the more comfortable values of 26 degrees centigrade or even higher. We skipped some part of the winter, we had fully enjoyed our winter holidays, Now we had to return to our daily routines of study and work…
The ferry and the bridge under construction
A wonderful combination of a colorful sunset
and a bright, full moon.
Ahead of us were the giant states of Bahia
and Minas Gerais.
Thirty hours later, this adventurous Fortaleza
travel was ended.
By Adriano Antoine Robbesom
- Travel in Brazil: Bus travel FORTALEZA – Belo Horizonte (03). Landscape in Ceará III (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: Bus travel FORTALEZA – Belo Horizonte (02). Landscape in Ceará II (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: Bus travel FORTALEZA – Belo Horizonte (01). Landscape in Ceará I (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: SALVADOR (51). Back to Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: FORTALEZA (14). Dutch Glory at Ponte dos Ingleses (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: FORTALEZA (13). Praia do Futuro (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Photo Gallery INHOTIM, Brumadinho (MG, Brazil), part 2 (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)