Destination Curitiba, capital of the state of Paraná.
Bus stops 11 to 20 of the city tour in and around Curitiba center.
The white tourist bus is also called the ‘Jardineira’. According the leaflet. the track counts 25 bus stops, over a distance of 44 kilometers. Travel time is about 2.5 hours.
The twenty-five bus stops are now described: numbers 11 – 20:
11. Centro Cívico
Location of the government of the state of Paraná, of which Curitiba is the capital. There is also the seat of Justice of the State, and the Town Office of the city. This center of power was founded in 1953, when the centenary of Paraná’s independence was celebrated. In 1853, the state became separated from the state of São Paulo.
12. Museu Oscar Niemeyer
The museum exhibits the life and works of the Brazilian architect. ‘The Eye’ is one of the largest and most modern museums in Brazil.
13. Bosque do Papa/ Memórial Polonês
The Park of the Pope, with the Polish Monument. The monument, honoring the Polish migrants, consists of seven wooden houses and trees imported from Poland. The location was inaugurated by Pope John Paul II in 1983, during the visit of His Holiness.
14. Bosque Alemão
The German Park. This park honors the German migrants, who arrived in Curitiba since 1833. The park consists of a track of João and Maria (better known as Hansel and Gretel), leading to the House of Fairy Tales, a Bach Oratory, and the Philosopher’s Tower.
15. Universidade Livre do Meio Ambiente
Free University of the Environment. Founded in 1992 in the presence of Jacques Cousteau. The audience is being informed about various environmental aspects.
16. Parque São Lourenço
The St. Lawrence Park. A center of creativity is founded on the area of the former glue factory. The center is surrounded by a large area of pristine nature.
17. Ópera de Arame / Pedreira Paulo Leminski
The Arame Opera House and the workplace of stone cutter Paulo Leminski. The opera house is described HERE.
18. Parque Tanguá
The Tanguá park. One of the largest urban parks in Curitiba. This park is described HERE.
19. Parque Tingui
The Tingui park. The park is named after the indigenous inhabitants of the region, the Tingui indians. The tribe belongs to the group of Guarani indians.
20. Memorial Ucraniano
The Ukrainian Monument. This monument is described HERE.
By Dr. Adriano Antoine Robbesom
Original text in Dutch, translation with help of Google Translator
- Travel in Brazil: CURITIBA (09). City Tour II, Bus Stops 1 – 10 (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Historical University Building, Curitiba (PR) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: CURITIBA (08). City Tour I,City Hall and Paiol Theater (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: CURITIBA (06). City Images From the Rear of a Bi-Articulate Bus (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: CURITIBA (07). World Cup Stadium `Arena da Baixada` (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: CURITIBA (05). Frans Krajcberg in Jardim Botânico (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Ukrainian Monument, Curitiba (PR) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)
- Livrarias Curitiba: Games, Crisis, Apocalypse (ibelieveinadv.com)