Destination Curitiba, capital of the state of Paraná.
The first ten bus stops of the touristic city tour through the city of Curitiba.
The white tourist bus is also called the ‘Jardineira’. According the leaflet, the track counts 25 bus stops, over a distance of 44 kilometers. The travel time is about 2.5 hours.
The 25 bus stops are described in this and next chapters:
01. Praça Tiradentes
This square, in front of our hostel, has been named after the freedom fighter who was condemned to death at the end of the eighteenth century. This square is the start of the track of 44 km long.
02. Rua das Flores
The Flower Street, an important commercial area in the city.
03. Rua 24 Horas
The 24-Hours Street. The name already discloses that one may come here literally day and night for fun, food and shopping. Anyway, this street was being closed due to reforms when we arrived there in 2008…
04. Centro de Convenções
Convention Center, a complex with a number of convention rooms and facilities for large-scale meetings and exhibitions.
05. Museu Ferroviário
The Railroad Museum, inside the Shopping Estação. This museum and shopping already are described HERE.
06. Teatro Paiol
The Paiol Theater, a former munition and gunpowder storage. This theater already is described HERE.
07. Jardim Botânico
The Botanical Garden, with a copy of the London Chrystal Palace. The garden is described HERE.
08. Estação Rodoferroviária/ Mercado Municipal
The bus and railway station, and the nearby city market. These are described HERE.
09. Teatro Guaíra/ Universidade Federal de Paraná
The Guaíra Theater and the neighboring main building of the Federal University of Paraná. The university is the oldest in Brazil.
10. Passeio Público/ Memorial Árabe
Passeio Público is a park annex zoo. The entrance gate is a replica of the antique gate of the dog cemetery in Paris. The Arab Memorial is inspired upon the Arab architecture. Inside one may find a library.
By Dr. Adriano Antoine Robbesom
Original text in Dutch, translation with help of Google Translator
- Travel in Brazil: CURITIBA (07). World Cup Stadium `Arena da Baixada` (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: CURITIBA (06). City Images From the Rear of a Bi-Articulate Bus (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: CURITIBA (05). Frans Krajcberg in Jardim Botânico (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- A Foreigner in Brazil (20): MAY 2006. Bairros in Belo Horizonte (MG) (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: CURITIBA (09). City Tour II, Bus Stops 1 – 10 (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Travel in Brazil: CURITIBA (08). City Tour I,City Hall and Paiol Theater (insiderbrazil.wordpress.com)
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Historical University Building, Curitiba (PR) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)
- Public transportation that works: The Curitiba Case (better-operations.com)
- COLORFUL BRAZIL: Ukrainian Monument, Curitiba (PR) (adrianoantoine.wordpress.com)
- Livrarias Curitiba: Games, Crisis, Apocalypse (ibelieveinadv.com)